Before Leaving for Umrah: What You Need to Know
Umrah is a minor pilgrimage to Makkah that can be performed at any time of the year. It is a highly rewarding and spiritually uplifting experience, but it is important to be prepared before you go. Here are some things you need to know:
1.Get a visa. You will need a valid visa to enter Saudi Arabia. You can apply for a visa online or through a Saudi embassy or consulate.
2. Plan your travel. Umrah can be performed at any time of the year, but it is best to avoid the hottest months (June–September). You will need to book your flights and accommodations in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak season.
3. Get your vaccinations. You will need to be vaccinated against certain diseases before you travel to Saudi Arabia. Check with your doctor or travel clinic to see which vaccinations you need.
4. Pack the right clothes. You will need to pack comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that covers your body from neck to ankle. You should also pack a headscarf for women and a ihram (white garment) for men.
5. Learn about the Umrah rituals. It is important to learn about the Umrah rituals before you go. There are many resources available online and in libraries that can help you learn about the steps involved
6. Stay in touch with loved ones using the IMO app. It allows you to make free video calls to your loved ones back home. This can be a great way to stay connected and share your experiences with them.