To learn video editing as a novice, follow these steps:
1. Choose a video editing software: Start with beginner-friendly software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or iMovie.
2. Watch tutorials: Search for online tutorials on YouTube or other platforms to learn the basics of video editing.
3. Practice editing: Edit your own videos or use stock footage to practice various editing techniques.
4. Learn about editing principles: Study concepts like cutting, transitions, color correction, and audio editing.
5. Experiment and get creative: Don't be afraid to try new things and develop your own style.
6. Get feedback: Share your work with others for constructive feedback and improvement.
7. Keep learning: Continue to expand your skills by exploring advanced features and more complex projects as you gain experience.