What should one do in one's free time?

admin 154 0

If you have free time, this may be due to two reasons.

You are so good at your work that you finish all your work so fast and you are left with lots of free time.

You are so bad at your work that you always mess up the things. Hence you don’t feel like doing anything. So you have lots of free time while lots of work is still pending.

Most people interestingly have both, i.e. shortage of time and excess of time.

They always have shortage of time for doing what they are supposed to do and they don’t know how to complete the job in time. At the same time, they also have lots of free time and they don’t know what to do in that time. For example, most students always find the preparation time short before any examination. They always wish to have more time to prepare at the last moment. As the time of examination comes close, the paucity of time is felt more and more severely.

However, the same students would have been having plenty of free time a few months or weeks before the examination. They were perhaps doing everything except studying. They were playing, doing social networking, searching internet, watching movies, playing video-games and still feeling getting bored at rest of the time. Examinations were too far for them to bother about.

Why not do the things in present which you are 'planning' to do in future?

Why don’t you get rid of your habits of postponement?

Have you not heard this timeless advice?

Kaal Kare So Aaj Kar, Aaj Kare So Ub

Pal Mein Pralaya Hoyegi, Bahuri Karoge Kub

Translation

Tomorrows work do today, today's work now

If the moment is lost, the work be done how?

I am not giving you any readymade formula for spending your free time like

Reading a book

Playing games

Listening music

Doing social work

Calling your friends

Meeting your relatives

It is so, because, perhaps you don’t like doing these things, otherwise you would have anyway done these things in your spare time and would have no free time.

I can, however, advice you something that one of my senior officer told me a few years ago.

He told me that whichever job you are assigned do, you must ensure that within six months you know your job so well and you have become so good at your job that you are able to finish all your routine jobs within 60% of your time. The remaining 40% of your time must be used for planning for the future and creating excellence in the organization.

You can apply the same formula in your life.

Abraham Lincoln said, “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”

Why not use your free time for sharpening your skills which may be needed in future to achieve your goals?

Post comment 0Comments)

  • Refresh code

No comments yet, come on and post~